Are You Suffering from Debilitating Back Pain?
Back pain is extremely common. Worldwide, it is the most common type of disability and one of the top reasons for missed work days. Experts say more than 80% of the American population will experience some type of back pain at least once in their lives. And 8% of adults report persistent, chronic back pain—the kind of pain that limits our daily routine and robs us of our enjoyment of everyday activities.
Our Pain Specialists Know How to Treat Chronic Back Pain
But it is possible to live a pain-free life. Most chronic back pain is not caused by serious conditions like degenerative arthritis, spinal fracture or cancer. While these conditions certainly do cause back pain for some, most people are more likely to incur back pain through everyday activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time without proper support and without taking breaks to stretch
- Lifting heavy or awkward items improperly, or without support
- Sometimes just an awkward gesture or movement can send your back into spasms
- Lack of regular stretching and strengthening can lead to an imbalance which causes our back muscles to tighten up, and this results in back pain
- Back pain from childbirth is common; carrying a young child can also lead to back pain
Whatever your back pain is related to, the pain specialists at North Shore Headache and Spine can help eliminate it and get you on the road to recovery. Whether you have lower back pain, disc disease, vertebral compression, spinal stenosis or scoliosis, we can help you get and stay pain-free. Click here to contact the caring pain specialists at North Shore Headache and Spine.